[CMake] CMake CUDA 3.8+/9 support as a first class language with out Visual Studio Support... err what?

Brian J. Davis bitminer at gmail.com
Mon Jul 31 13:09:50 EDT 2017

Could this be a Win 10 Pro/Enterprise CMake combo issue.  I brought over
demo project to OS refreshed M4700.  Was Win7 Pro now Windows 10
Enterprise.

Dell M4700 combo is:

Device 0: "Quadro K1000M"
   CUDA Driver Version / Runtime Version          8.0 / 7.5

CMake 3.2 or 3.9 will build but not run which is the same as on the Dell
7559 w 960M.

I am rebuilding, due to OS change a rebuild in CMake is necessary, my
existing project that was working and will test that.  Though simple 3.2
project does not work so my hopes are not high that my existing project
will fair any better.

Samples such as NBody work on M4700.

All worked on M4700 Win7 before OS refresh with exception of 3.9
attempts as I started trying 3.9 on 7559 w/Win10Pro.

Why would it be that CMake can compile an executable but not run it when
the CUDA samples work?

CUDA SDK Samples run just fine from VS (well when driver run time is
9.0/7.5 on 7559 w 960M), but simple CMake generated app does not. Simple
in that it only finds device (0) and calls cudaMalloc... ya know... the
ultra basic.