[CMake] Unable to Change Default Linker in CMake 3.5.1

Samuel Goodrick sdg31 at zips.uakron.edu
Fri Jul 28 14:43:55 EDT 2017

Hello,

I am trying to change my linker to ld.gold so that I can build LLVM and
CLANG faster. I have changed my environment variable with:
export LD=ld.gold

and I have changed CMAKE_LINKER in ccmake to /usr/bin/ld.gold. However,
when I generate the files, my linker is detected as GNU ld. Running top
during compilation confirms that ld is running rather than gold.

I'm on Ubuntu 16.04, but I have had the same problem on Arch Linux.

Thank You.