[CMake] CPack: Create debian packge for each sub-project

DKLind davidklind at gmail.com
Sun Jul 23 11:19:43 EDT 2017

Domen,

Thanks for the reply to my question. I was aware of the Debian packaging
generator page and I also was already setting the component value to
uppercase.

As documented, I had to use PARENT_SCOPE when setting
CPACK_DEBIAN_<COMPONENT>_PACKAGE_XXX values from sub-projects'
CMakeLists.txt.

Also, curious why CPACK_*COMPONENT*_<COMPONENT>_DESCRIPTION is different
from the other CPACK_*DEBIAN*_<COMPONENT>_PACKAGE_XXX?

With your help, I have individual packaging working now, except for unique
version. I also realize that I would like to be able to set the contributor
for some packages to be unique.

I would like to contribute to CMake. I see the page
https://cmake.org/gitweb?p=cmake.git;a=blob_plain;f=CONTRIBUTING.rst;hb=master.
It mentions submitting contributions in patch form. Are pull requests also
accepted?