[CMake] Append to property COMPILE_DEFINITIONS

Craig Scott craig.scott at crascit.com
Tue Jul 18 06:14:25 EDT 2017

wrote:

> Am 18.07.2017 um 10:59 schrieb Craig Scott:
> > You appear to be setting a GLOBAL property where you probably meant
> DIRECTORY. You could also consider setting the
> > target property instead rather than applying it to all targets (unless
> that's what you want).
>
> I tried to set the property on all targets, therefore I thought GLOBAL is
> the right thing.
>
> However,
>
> set_property(DIRECTORY "${CMAKE_SOURCE_DIR}/src" APPEND
>   PROPERTY COMPILE_DEFINITIONS "-DFOO")
>
> hasn't had any effect either.

BTW, you don't include the -D when adding to COMPILE_DEFINITIONS, just put
FOO, not -DFOO. Have a read of the docs
<https://cmake.org/cmake/help/latest/prop_dir/COMPILE_DEFINITIONS.html>,
they may give you other clues for this property (e.g. using the ..._CONFIG
variant of it).

--
Craig Scott
Melbourne, Australia