[CMake] /path/to/libpng.so automatic conversion to -lpng ?

René J. V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Thu Jul 13 07:01:09 EDT 2017

Eric Noulard wrote:

> From the command line I doubt it.

Adding -DCMAKE_POLICY_DEFAULT_CMP0060=NEW on the commandline works.

But whatever the reason, using PNG::PNG works too. Apparently policy 60 doesn't
affect the IMPORTED_LOCATION target property...

> Did you try to use ninja generator instead of make ?
> The no-op build is really faster with ninja.

I compared single full builds with ninja and make yesterday; with ninja it was
actually (a bit) slower and required more resources (including a larger build
directory). My main gripe with it is that you cannot simply launch a partial
build from a subdirectory.