[CMake] Cannot get a 64-bit build of MySQL on a 64-bit Windows machine

Petr Kmoch petr.kmoch at gmail.com
Tue Jul 11 03:12:12 EDT 2017

Hi,

when generating a Visual Studio buildsystem with CMake, you can specify the
target architecture. If you don't, the default is 32-bit.

To specify the architecture, either put it into the generator name:

  cmake .. -G "Visual Studio 15 2017 Win64" ....

or specify just the architecture using -A:

  cmake .. -A Win64 ....

See description of -G and -A in CMake docs:
https://cmake.org/cmake/help/latest/manual/cmake.1.html

Petr