[CMake] CMake Server Mode and USE_FOLDERS

Michael Jackson mike.jackson at bluequartz.net
Tue Jul 4 09:21:34 EDT 2017

Actually, my comments were spurred on from a discussion on the QtCreator
list. I am *very* happy with the layout inside of VS2015 that we have
been able to generate based on the USE_FOLDERS property. QtCreator tends
to use the Ninja generator to generate the actual build system.
QtCreator just calls "cmake --build . ...." when it needs to build your
project. And since they use the "Ninja" generator (which I think is user
settable) and Ninja does not support the USE_FOLDERS notion, that
USE_FOLDERS would need to be implemented in the Ninja generator so that
CMAKE-Server mode would pass that information? I don't know how
separated the Cmake-server code model is from the actual generator.

--
Mike Jackson