[CMake] CCACHE_DIR Environment Variable

Florent Castelli florent.castelli at gmail.com
Tue Jan 31 18:49:37 EST 2017

On 31/01/2017 23:34, Craig Scott wrote:

> If you need to set CCACHE_DIR as an environment variable, then my
> previous email shows how to embed that in the launcher script, which
> will work for both Xcode and Linux (since the same launcher script is
> ultimately being invoked for both cases). All that said, I've never
> needed to set CCACHE_DIR and I mix OSX and iOS builds on the same
> machine. As has already been mentioned by someone else, ccache is
> smart enough to recognise the two builds as different because the
> command lines will be different, hence you don't get an iOS object
> file for a OSX build, for example.

To that, I will add that ccache is certainly smart enough to save both
iOS, macOS or Android builds in the same cache, but you need to be
careful and maybe set higher limits for the cache size folder as the
default one might not be suitable for your usage.
See the documentation on how to set it higher.

/Florent