[CMake] Forcing linking compatability to old libc / libstdc++ (Linux)

Gonzalo Garramuño ggarra13 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 26 16:23:05 EST 2017

I currently own an Ubuntu Xenial 14.04.1 LTS box in which I do all my
work.    I distribute a binary image viewer.   However, recently one of
my users tried to run the viewer on a CentOS 7 distro and found out that
that distro libc and libstdc++ are older and incompatible.

I would like to compile my program targeting the older libc and
libstdc++.  Those files come with symbol version and visibility. Is
there an easy way to do that other than copying the old libraries?

Any help or hint is appreciated.

--
Gonzalo Garramuño