[CMake] externalproject_add and generating sources

Nicholas Braden nicholas11braden at gmail.com
Thu Jan 26 08:02:43 EST 2017

You'll also want to build your own project with ExternalProject, and use
the DEPENDS option to control build order. This ensures that all
dependencies are fully installed before your own project is even
configured. The project with all the ExternalProject calls is typically
called a superbuild, and effectively becomes an optional convenience to
building your own project.