[CMake] Managing a local installation of cmake-built open source packages

ardi ardillasdelmonte at gmail.com
Wed Jan 18 13:32:05 EST 2017

On Wed, Jan 18, 2017 at 7:19 PM, Konstantin Podsvirov
<konstantin at podsvirov.pro> wrote:
> Hello Ardi!

[...]
> Sounds like, you need cross-platform (several desktops) package manager
> compatible with cmake.
>
> If all desktops with GUI, what about using CPack IFW generator?
>
> https://cmake.org/cmake/help/latest/module/CPackIFW.html

Thanks for the idea, Konstantin. Yes, all the OSs I use have a GUI,
although I don't use Qt. If the best solution is IFW, I'd use Qt only
for this. BTW, I'm new to IFW, and if I'm reading it correctly, cpack
generates an installer, which I guess is an executable... but... can
the installer also be used for uninstalling? Will an installer of a
new version of a package uninstall an older version if it exists?