[CMake] Using XCODE_PRODUCT_TYPE to make kexts

Harry Mallon Harry at codexdigital.com
Mon Jan 16 09:37:50 EST 2017

Hello,

I am almost there making kexts with XCode generator and CMake. However they appear as "com.apple.product-type.bundle" rather than "com.apple.product-type.kernel-extension.iokit" in the Xcode project file. This means they do not get the Xcode/kext magic compile line without lots of manual setting (which I can't get right at the moment). Looking at the code https://gitlab.kitware.com/cmake/cmake/blob/master/Source/cmGlobalXCodeGenerator.cxx it seems setting XCODE_PRODUCT_TYPE on the target should work. But it doesn't work for me. Any ideas?

Harry

Harry Mallon

CODEX | Software Engineer

60 Poland Street | London | England | W1F 7NT

E harry at codexdigital.com<mailto:harry at codexdigital.com> | T +44 203 7000 989<callto:+44%20203%207000%20989>

Website<http://codex.online> | Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/codexdigital> | Twitter<http://twitter.com/codexdigital>

[http://codex.online/?action=asset&id=5B21DF7C-EC27-4199-852F-D596F5F28DA9]<http://codex.online>