[CMake] Find Vulkan on 32 bit builds

Saad Khattak saadrustam at gmail.com
Sun Jan 8 01:22:09 EST 2017

Hello,

When I run "find_package(VULKAN)" in a CMakeLists for a Visual Studio 2015
32-bit project, the ${Vulkan_LIBRARY} and ${Vulkan_LIBRARIES} variables
both point to the "Bin" folder for the Vulkan installation instead of the
"Bin32" folder.

I looked at the FindVulkan.cmake module and even put MESSAGE(STATUS ...) on
the "elseif(CMAKE_SIZEOF_VOID_P EQUAL 4)" to see if I made a mistake
setting up. The message does indeed print confirming that my pointer size
is 4 and thus the current toolchain selected is 32 bit.

What's perplexing is that when I do a MESSAGE(STATUS ${Vulkan_LIBRARY}) the
path is:

D:/VulkanSDK/1.0.37.0/Bin/vulkan-1.lib

instead of

D:/VulkanSDK/1.0.37.0/Bin32/vulkan-1.lib

It makes no sense. Line 47 of FindVulkan.cmake has Bin32. Why is CMake
ignoring 32?