[CMake] CMake 3.7.1 gui fails to launch

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Fri Jan 6 12:32:18 EST 2017

Hi,

On Fri, Jan 6, 2017 at 4:41 PM,  <daryl at daryllee.com> wrote:
> CMake suite maintained and supported by Kitware (kitware.com/cmake).
> daryl at eve-ldb:~/cmake/cmake-3.7.1$ cmake-gui
> cmake-gui: symbol lookup error: cmake-gui: undefined symbol:
> _ZN9QListData11detach_growEPii
> ==========
>
> That looks like a Qt linkage error.  Any suggestions on resolving this?

Right, in particular it means that cmake-gui uses that symbol but none
of the libraries loaded into the executable have it. I'd start with
checking what ldd says is being loaded for your cmake-gui executable.
Maybe there's another Qt installation in LD_LIBRARY_PATH that is being
used for running cmake-gui even though its been built against the Qt
in /usr/. The other common cause could be the inverse of that, its
trying to run against your system Qt but the build process has picked
up a Qt from elsewhere compiled with different flags that change the
symbols name.

Andreas