[CMake] Forcing linking compatability to old libc / libstdc++ (Linux)

Chuck Atkins chuck.atkins at kitware.com
Fri Feb 3 20:32:58 EST 2017

FWIW, we've moved to CentOS 6 for the binaries we package and distribute
for ParaView.  It's about the oldest widely deployed Linux distro that's
still actively supported (EL5 is EOL'd and most deployments have long since
moved to 6 or 7).  it's binaries are compatible with virtually all current
Linux distros.  It also has newer compilers available (gcc 5.3 through the
devtoolset-4 package) that can build C++11 binaries compatible with the
older systems.

- Chuck