[CMake] "modern" CUDA handling and static libraries

Robert Maynard robert.maynard at kitware.com
Tue Dec 19 17:47:48 EST 2017

Hi,

The CUDA_RESOLVE_DEVICE_SYMBOLS property was added for this exact
situation. You can find it documented at
https://cmake.org/cmake/help/v3.10/prop_tgt/CUDA_RESOLVE_DEVICE_SYMBOLS.html

Here is an example of it being used:
https://gitlab.kitware.com/cmake/cmake/commit/493671a5212c6548b2d7376c7065f5f76692a792#0eb128c2e695da6e4cedb9a408b108f117bd4fe3