[CMake] Configuration under CMake 3.10.1 fails but succeeds with 3.9.6

Michael Jackson mike.jackson at bluequartz.net
Thu Dec 14 13:51:42 EST 2017

I just tried out the latest CMake release 3.10.1 and it fails to configure (from a clean build directory) our project where CMake 3.9.x and below (down to CMake 3.7.x) configures it completely and correctly. The configure error I get is"

-- Configuring done
CMake Error in /Users/mjackson/Workspace/DREAM3D_Plugins/AskNDEToolbox/Applications/ScanViewer/CMakeLists.txt:
  Cannot find source file:

    /Users/mjackson/Workspace/DREAM3D-Build/3.10.1/Plugins/AskNDEToolbox/qrc_AskNDEToolbox.cpp

  Tried extensions .c .C .c++ .cc .cpp .cxx .m .M .mm .h .hh .h++ .hm .hpp
  .hxx .in .txx

Now, the funny thing about this is that nowhere in the CMakeLists files for the "ScaneViewer" application should it be adding the generated qrc_AskNDEToolbox.cpp file. That file is added higher up in the heirarchy of projects, but not that particular application. Does anyone have any thoughts on this issue?

--
Michael Jackson | Owner, President
      BlueQuartz Software
[e] mike.jackson at bluequartz.net