[CMake] CMake, Mingw-w64 32 bit exception handling.

Arne Kjetil Andersen oelbox at gmail.com
Thu Aug 24 04:13:55 EDT 2017

On Wed, Aug 23, 2017 at 9:57 PM, Robert Maynard <robert.maynard at kitware.com>
wrote:

> A quick scan of CMake source code shows that we don't have any
> references to gcc_eh anywhere. I way this could be occurring is
> through CMake detection of the implicit libraries that a compiler
> requires for each language. In particular it could be that C code for
> mingw by default uses gcc_eh while C++ doesn't. The culprit could also
> be a FindPackage* you are using.

Hi Robert and thanks for your reply. Yes I also did a scan of the cmake
source code before sending the mail to the mailing list, and found no
reference to gcc_eh. But I do find reference to that in the CMakeOutput.log
file, and it seems to come from detection of implicit libraries. So based
on this i started by removing all 3rd party libraries in my project and
thought of adding one by one until the -lgcc_eh appeared in the
linklibs.rsp, and you are right, adding proj.4 3rd party library to the
build system seems to result in -lgcc_eh being added... Now to figure out
how to prevent that from occurring in linklibs.rsp file for the test
application that does not even use that particular 3rd party library.

Thanks again for pointing me in the right direction.

Best Regards,
Arne Kjetil Andersen