[CMake] Interface Libraries allow include directories but not link directories.. Why?

Brian Davis bitminer at gmail.com
Tue Aug 22 13:05:07 EDT 2017

and provide future

​target_link_directories(
   targ
   INTERFACE
   debug ${TOP}/build/x64/Debug/Libraries/
   optimized ${TOP}/build/x64/Release/Libraries/
)

with debug / optimized / general capability

then targets could support multiple debug / release dirs even if CMake
(CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX) can't (ie no CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX_<CONFIG>
capability)

If anyone is looking at those dirs and wondering *why* (as I often do)... I
need CMake in mixed mode with CMake generated projs and imported existing
vcxproj files.

if provided I could then targ link dirs, include dirs, and interface the
libs from a position of relative sanity or at least the white jacket with
wrap around arms tied in the back would be a little looser to the fit.