[CMake] Possible bug/incompatibility FindCUDA with Visual Studio 2017

Robert Maynard robert.maynard at kitware.com
Thu Aug 10 10:28:32 EDT 2017

So you are going to have two issues.

1. The FindCUDA module has not been updated to handle VS2017. The
issue is that the VCInstallDir variable now returns a different
relative path to the compiler than it previously did. If you can
determine the new logic a patch fixing this behavior be great.

2. It doesn't look like CUDA 8.0 supports VS2017 (
http://docs.nvidia.com/cuda/cuda-installation-guide-microsoft-windows/index.html#system-requirements
).

3. You could also look at using the new CMake 3.9 cuda support (
https://devblogs.nvidia.com/parallelforall/building-cuda-applications-cmake/
).