[CMake] FindIce module and C++11

Jones J.W. j.w.jones at swansea.ac.uk
Thu Aug 10 04:50:09 EDT 2017

I'm building my code on Linux using the g++ flags "-std=c++11". This means that I must link with the libIce++11 libraries instead of libIce.

The FindIce module, however as no provision for choosing these libraries thus resulting in unresolved symbols at link time.

I tried getting around the problem by simply listing Ice++11 as a COMPONENT which works in Linux but the same CMakeLists.txt file in Windows won't work as there is no Ice++11. Currently I have resolved this by having two calls to the FindIce module inside an IF( MSVC ) conditional.

Would it be possible to add a flag to tell the FindIce module whether C++11 is being used or not?

Thanks,

Jason

-
Dr Jason W Jones