[CMake] CTest: Running test depending on a commit/change

Eric Noulard eric.noulard at gmail.com
Wed Apr 26 06:45:35 EDT 2017

Is there any way to ask ctest run the set of tests impacted by a
commit/change ?
Or may be asking ctest to run only the tests that were built no later than
say 3 min. ago.

The use case is simple.
I do some modification in my code call the build tool (ninja in my case)
and I want ctest
to only run the freshly rebuilt tests. Ideally all the tests depending on
the freshly rebuilt items.

Let's says for simplification that all my test are binaries built in the
changed  source tree.

In fact ninja already knows how to rebuilt those binaries and it does it
well.
How may I teach ctest to run those?

--
Eric