[CMake] .so link and cpack

Gonzalo Garramuño ggarra13 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 9 13:48:40 EDT 2017

El 09/04/17 a las 07:13, Eric Noulard escribió:
> Hi Gonzalo,
>
> You should be able to build Deb package including symlink without trouble.
>
> Could you give the exact sequence of dpkg command which leads to the
> error you are speaking of?

$ dpkg -i mrViewer-v3.5.8-Linux-64.deb
(Leyendo la base de datos ... 309470 ficheros o directorios instalados
actualmente.)
Preparando para desempaquetar mrViewer-v3.5.8-Linux-64.deb ...
Desempaquetando mrviewer (3.5.8) sobre (3.5.8) ...
dpkg: error al procesar el archivo mrViewer-v3.5.8-Linux-64.deb (--install):
  el tamaño del enlace simbólico
'/usr/local/mrViewer-v3.5.8-Linux-64/lib/libACESclip.so' ha cambiado de
48 a 20

> Does it work ok if you uninstall the previously installed deb package
> first?

Yes.
> Do you install the very same package twice or did you change somehow
> the package version?

I install a different revision of the same version of the package. So it
unpacks v3.5.8 over v3.5.8

I think the problem is that I am installing it into an NTFS partition.
I have both Ubuntu 12.04 and Ubuntu 16.04.1 and the problem appears on
Ubuntu 16.04, which has its /usr/local pointing to a NTFS partition.
Sorry for the noise.