[CMake] [cmake-developers] CPack [WiX] Customizations of individual features/components

Nils Gladitz nilsgladitz at gmail.com
Fri Sep 30 06:53:52 EDT 2016

On 09/30/2016 08:43 AM, Roman Wüger wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I want to customize some with CPack  generated *.wxs files.
>
> For example: directories.wxs is generated with only the TARGET_DIR.

TARGETDIR (no underscore) is always the one and only root-directory
element [1].

> How can I add an additional directory in this file and use the newly added directory in the components (features.wxs)?
>
> I read about CPACK_WIX_PATCH_FILE. Maybe it is possible to do so with it, but if so how?

CPACK_WIX_PATCH_FILE can be used to add XML content to (some) existing elements.
It can not be used to reorder or remove existing elements and can not be used to modify the attributes of existing elements.

Nils

[1]
https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/aa372064(v=vs.85).aspx