[CMake] cross-compiling for embedded device running linux, how to include linux headers

Gunter, Walter E Walter.Gunter at dematic.com
Fri Sep 16 15:18:34 EDT 2016

I am referencing some includes that are part of my embedded device toolchain,
#include <linux/can.h>

If I have setup the cross compile directory correctly, does it know about these or do I need to make it known?
if so, what’  the best approach?

Current Main CMakeLists.txt

cmake_minimum_required(VERSION 3.2)

project(enterprise CXX)

set(CMAKE_SYSTEM_NAME Linux)
set(CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER /opt/toolchains/arm-2008q3/bin/arm-none-linux-gnueabi-g++)
#set(CMAKE_C_COMPILER /opt/toolchains/arm-2008q3/bin/arm-none-linux-gnueabi-gcc)
set(CMAKE_SYSTEM_PROCESSOR arm)

set(CMAKE_AR /opt/toolchains/arm-2008q3/bin/arm-none-linux-gnueabi-ar)
set(CMAKE_FIND_ROOT_PATH /mnt/root)

set(CMAKE_FIND_ROOT_PATH_MODE_PROGRAM NEVER)
set(CMAKE_FIND_ROOT_PATH_MODE_LIBRARY ONLY)
set(CMAKE_FIND_ROOT_PATH_MODE_INCLUDE ONLY)
set(CMAKE_FIND_ROOT_PATH_MODE_PACKAGE ONLY)

Walter E. Gunter, Jr.
Mechatronics Engineer/Roboticist
AGV R&D
Dematic North America
265 S 5200 W
Salt Lake City, UT 84104
801.715.2602

Customer Service 1.800.530.9153

DEMATIC l We Optimize Your Supply Chain  www.dematic.com<http://www.dematic.com/>

MATERIAL HANDLING & LOGISTICS CONFERENCE  www.mhlc.com<http://www.mhlc.com/>

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email message and any attachments to it, is intended only for the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential material. If you are not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, please do not disclose, copy, forward, or retain. If you have received this in error, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message. ​