[CMake] CPack DEB version info is missing patch level

cen imbacen at gmail.com
Tue Oct 25 10:59:31 EDT 2016

Hi

I am not sure if this is a CPack thing or a deb thing.

my CmakeLists.txt:

SET(VERSION_MAJOR "1")
SET(VERSION_MINOR "3")
SET(VERSION_PATCH "2")

SET(CPACK_PACKAGE_VERSION_MAJOR "${VERSION_MAJOR}")
SET(CPACK_PACKAGE_VERSION_MINOR "${VERSION_MINOR}")
SET(CPACK_PACKAGE_VERSION_PATCH "${VERSION_PATCH}")

Produced RPM, running rpm -qip my.rpm results in:

Version     : 1.3.2

Produced DEB, running dpkg-deb -I my.deb results in:

Version: 1.3

Why is patch level not baked into the DEB but it is in RPM? If install
the deb, soft links have the proper patch level version so I guess it is
ultimately ok but kinda annoying.

Best regards, cen