[CMake] [EXTERNAL]: FindProtobuf in specified dirs

Homero Cardoso de Almeida homerocda at gmail.com
Tue Oct 25 08:06:40 EDT 2016

Thanks for your help.

I was able to download and compile protobuffers 2.7 using cmake, however
the cmake config for protobuffers is fixed for 2.8.12, while I need it to
work with cmake 2.8.9 as it's going to run in system frozen in Debian
Squeeze (Squeeze actually defaults on cmake 2.8.2 and I got it to install
2.8.9 from Wheezy).

Currently I'm trying to create a debian package from cmake 3.0.2 on
squeeze, but I'm having a hard time due to dependencies on sphinx. Do you
have any ideas on how to circumvent the doc generation?

Thanks and regards,
Homero.