[CMake] cmake doesn't find QtCore

Spencer Parkin spencertparkin at gmail.com
Mon Oct 17 20:07:35 EDT 2016

Hi,

I'm trying to install PySide.  With "pip install PySide", I get the
warning...

CMake Warning at c:/Program Files
(x86)/Cmake/share/cmake-3.7/Modules/FindQt4.cmake:618 (message):
C:/Qt/4.8.5/bin/qmake.exe reported QT_INSTALL_LIBS as "C:/Qt/4.8.5/lib" but
QtCore could not be found there.  Qt is NOT installed correctly for the
target build environment.

...I, however, believe that Qt IS installed correctly.  I find QtCore4.lib
in the said directory.  I tried to decipher the code found in
FindQt4.cmake, but I don't know the cmake language.  "qmake -query
QT_INSTALL_LIBS" does indeed report the directory named above, and it's
full of Qt-licious libraries.

Later on I see...

Qt QTGUI library not found.
Qt QTXML library not found.
Qt QTCORE library not found.

...and the ultimate wammy...

CMake Error at ApiExtractor/CmakeLists.txt:82 (qt4_add_resources): Unknown
CMake command "qt4_add_resources".

So "shiboken" fails to configure.  But I'm hoping that the latter errors
are just a symptom of the initial warning above indicating that, oddly,
cmake can't locate my Qt libraries.

I'm at a complete loss.  I've wasted an entire day here at work on this one
issue.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

--Sp