[CMake] PROPERTIES VERSION bug in windows DLL major.minor version

Dave Flogeras dflogeras2 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 13 11:05:19 EDT 2016

Hi, I noticed that on an older (3.2.2) release I was using with Win7, the
behaviour described about automatically parsing VERSION major.minor and
putting it into the DLL image version wasn't behaving correctly.  It seemed
it was applying the VERSION from the first shared library in my project, to
all shared libraries.

Before mailing, I tried the latest (3.6.2 I think) and it works correctly.

Does anyone know when this was fixed so that I can update my minimum
required version as needed?  Is there a master Changelog somewhere?  I can
resort to pulling each version's changelog, but I'd rather not :)