[CMake] Determine which files have changed during a CMake run

Michael Jackson mike.jackson at bluequartz.net
Wed Nov 23 13:34:17 EST 2016

Is there a way to determine which files in my build directory have
changed for a given run of CMake? The use case is that I made what I
thought was a small change to my configuration using cmake and when I
went to build it was basically a full recompile. During our cmake run we
do use configure_file(...) to generate headers and sources some of which
basically get included in every source file. I am thinking that I have a
dependency on generating those files when I probably do not have to.

I use Ninja as my build system if that helps. I could always just hack a
local git repo for the build folder, commit everything, run cmake and
see what got changed. Anybody have a better idea?

Thanks

--
Mike Jackson  [mike.jackson at bluequartz.net]