[CMake] Howto install executables that aren't targets

Winfried winkus4u at arcor.de
Wed Mar 9 05:27:44 EST 2016

Hi,
the build system of a qt-based visual robot programming teaching platform
shall be ported from autotools to cmake.
For the build process of the platform the underlying compilers and some
shell scripts aiming diffenent robot targets are not built but just have to
be installed (copied) to /usr/bin.

I tried different ways to do this:
install(FILES <filenames> DESTINATION /usr/bin)
----->  file INSTALL cannot copy file
  "/opt/build/tuxminds_3.96_cmake/tools/tuxm_aar-04_make.sh" to
  "/usr/bin/tuxm_aar-04_make.sh".

install(TARGETS <filenames> RUNTIME DESTINATION /usr/bin)
----->  install TARGETS given target "tuxm_aar-04_make.sh" which does not
exist in
  this directory.

install(TARGETS ${CMAKE_CURRENT_SOURCE_DIR}/<filename_1>
		${CMAKE_CURRENT_SOURCE_DIR}/<filename_2>
		RUNTIME DESTINATION /usr/bin)
----->  install TARGETS given target
  "/opt/build/tuxminds_3.96_cmake/tools/tuxm_aar-04_make.sh" which
  does not exist in this directory.

(The files are located in ${CMAKE_CURRENT_SOURCE_DIR} .)

So, I would be glad, if someone could help me with this topic.
Thanks in advance!
Winfried