[CMake] Policy CMP0063 is not set: Honor visibility properties for all target

Nils Gladitz nilsgladitz at gmail.com
Sat Jun 18 06:18:40 EDT 2016

On 18.06.2016 11:38, Alexander Shukaev wrote:

> I did try both variants, after and before
>
> cmake_minimum_required(VERSION)
>
> but the result is the same.  The scope is for sure parent to targets.

I don't know what else it could be but this works fine for me:

    cmake_minimum_required(VERSION 2.8.12)

    if(POLICY CMP0063)
         cmake_policy(SET CMP0063 NEW)
    endif()

    file(WRITE foo.cpp "int main() {}")

    set(CMAKE_CXX_VISIBILITY_PRESET hidden)

    add_executable(foo foo.cpp)

Is it possible that the scope where the policy warning comes from has
its own cmake_minimum_required(VERSION) call? (e.g. is there more than one?)

Nils