[CMake] Off-topic? Winmm linking/running problems

Gonzalo Garramuño ggarra13 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 8 11:11:10 EDT 2016

I have a multiplatform viewer and recently I started to experience some
very weird behavior.
I am using the latest cmake 3.5.3 rc1 and the latest released ninja
(1.7), albeit the problem appears with NMake Makefiles too.
The viewer links against winmm.dll, the windows multimedia library for
audio.  I am using ffmpeg to decode the audio with /OPT:NOREF.

My problem is that the win64 version of my program, while testing in the
sandbox, plays all audio in mono.
The win32 version of my program (same code) works fine from the sandbox.
Also, when I move the win64 version of the program (doing ninja install,
package install or even just a plain cp to a new tree), the same win64
version of my program plays audio (stereo, 5:1) just fine.
The linux amd64 version of my program also plays audio just fine without
installing.
All the code lies in an NTFS partition.

I am at a loss as to what might the problem be.  I am pretty sure all
variables are initialized properly and that there's no memory issue, but
you never know.  I have no spaces in the paths.  It is not a driver
issue as some other user reported mono playback too.  I was wondering if
someone has experienced anything like this and how to debug it.