[CMake] cpack ppc64le rhel7.2 CPACK_RPM_PACKAGE_ARCHITECTURE

Domen Vrankar domen.vrankar at gmail.com
Wed Jun 8 03:45:16 EDT 2016

> I am working on an IBM Power8 RHEL7.2 system and we installed cmake 3.6
> (default cmake from repo was 2.8.12?) but it seems when making a package
> the arch is set incorrectly to x86_64 instead of ppc64le.

I don't have access to a ppc with Linux but it seems that 'uname -m'
(default that is used for setting CPACK_RPM_PACKAGE_ARCHITECTURE)
outputs invalid value on ppc AIX.

What's the output output of 'uname -m' on your system?

As a workaround you could manually set CPACK_RPM_PACKAGE_ARCHITECTURE
in your CMake list.

Regards,
Domen