[CMake] Issues when cmake prints compiler messages

Santiago Pagola santipagola1 at icloud.com
Sat Jul 9 06:18:29 EDT 2016

Hello everyone!

I am new on this list, and I would like to ask if someone here has experienced the same error me:

When I try to compile any project (or even simple programs), the compiler starts printing information. It seems normal except for the fact that when it comes to variable names, these are not shown (that is, instead of showing something like:

Warning: unused parameter 'm_dummy_variable'

It shows the following:

Warning: unused parameter '               '

The thing is that, when I try to copy-paste the output from the console to a text file, the variables are indeed there, which leads me to believe that the variable names in the terminal may be of the same color that the background of the terminal itself.

Has anyone had this little issue before? Is is something directly related with cmake or is it the compiler? Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,
/Santiago