[CMake] Using ccache with Xcode generator

Craig Scott audiofanatic at gmail.com
Sun Jan 31 22:52:43 EST 2016

After a bit of experimenting, it seems that getting ccache working with the
Xcode generator isn't so straightforward. For Ninja and Unix Makefiles, the
RULE_LAUNCH_COMPILE global property nicely gives us the behaviour we want,
but this doesn't work for Xcode. Under the constraint that we can't modify
the build machines (meaning we can't assume ccache symlinks have been set
up for the clang compiler set), is there a way to coax CMake to use ccache
with Xcode? I know I could write a wrapper script to explicitly invoke
ccache, but this seems like something CMake should be able to do without
having to resort to that. Any suggestions?

--
Craig Scott
Melbourne, Australia