[CMake] include_external_msproject

Lars laasunde at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 28 05:25:17 EST 2016

A solution file is in my view just an aggregation of projects. So I expected it to work in this context. Anyway, that leaves one question, how do I specify configuration and platform for the include_external_msproject?

Using (below) does not work. I still get the error message "Please check to make sure that your have specified a valid combination of Configuration and Platform for this project. Configuration='Debug' Platform='x86'.

include_external_msproject(ext_test c:/test/test/test.sln PLATFORM "AnyCPU")

Updating the visual studio project with Configurations "Debug", "RelWithDebInfo" and "Release" and Platform "x86" is a workaround. Obviously it would be ideal if this could be controlled using cmake.

Appreciate any input.

Regards, Lars