[CMake] PROPERTY for list of link libraries

Tom Kacvinsky tom.kacvinsky at vectorcast.com
Fri Jan 22 09:23:53 EST 2016

I have need for a cross platform methods of getting libraries linked
into an executable.

Say for instance, we have

add_library(foo STATIC a.c)
add_exceutable(bar b.c)
target_link_libraries(bar foo)

So I know for that bar has a dependency on foo.lib (on Windows) and
libfoo.a on Linux.

And so forth.  What I would like to do is after everything is set up,
query the properties of bar
and find the list of libraries linked into bar in such a fashion I get
that platform's specific library name (instead of the library's target
name).

IS this possible?  I read the docs and didn't see a property for
getting this list.  Did I miss something?  If so I plan on using
either get_property of get_target_property.

Thanks.