[CMake] CMake 3.4.2 available for download

Andrew Maclean andrew.amaclean at gmail.com
Wed Jan 20 16:36:46 EST 2016

Hi Brad,

I can reproduce this on my other windows machine. Just a guess but it may
be related to Update 1 of Visual Studio 2015. I can't test this hypothesis
because I have update 1 installed on both machines. Note that everything
works Ok for Visual Studio 2013.

Here are the details:
Here is the error:
"CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:1 (project):
  Could not find an appropriate version of the Windows 10 SDK installed on
  this machine"

In CMakeOutput.log, there is one line:
"The system is: Windows - 10.0.10586 - AMD64"

On the machine I have the following SDK versions in C:\Program Files
(x86)\Windows Kits\10:
10.0.10150.0 and 10.0.10240.0.

Installing the latest version of the SDK will fix this issue.

The compiler is: Visual Studio 14 2015 Win64. I am using update 1 for this
compiler.

If I use Visual Studio 12 2013 Win64, everything is Ok.

Regards
   Andrew

On Thu, Jan 21, 2016 at 12:26 AM, Brad King <brad.king at kitware.com> wrote:

> On 01/19/2016 11:48 PM, Andrew Maclean wrote:
> > Works well, although I did find that I had to update my Windows SDK
> > to 10.0.10586.0 when using Visual Studio 2015 on Windows 10.
> > This is because CMake detected the system as Windows - 10.0.10586 -
> AMD64.
> > This was not the case with the previous version of CMake (3.4.1).
>
> That is due to this fix:
>
>  VS: Fix Windows 10 SDK version selection (#15831)
>  https://cmake.org/gitweb?p=cmake.git;a=commitdiff;h=a57caf7e
>
> See commit message for details.  It shouldn't have /required/ you to
> update the SDK though because the fallback is now to just use the latest
> SDK available.  What indicated that you needed to update?
>
> Thanks,
> -Brad

Andrew J. P. Maclean