[CMake] Interpackage dependencies - find_package() from package

Thomas Ruschival t.ruschival at gmail.com
Sun Jan 17 10:05:57 EST 2016

Thank you Domen
for your detailed answer!

> If your application, foo, bar and bas are not built as the same super
> project [...]
In fact this is where I started, for now all are build in the same
super-project and foo and bar have tight coupling. In fact foo and bar
end up in the same Cpack package and are installed together.
(BTW. foo and bar are static libraries and bar exports compile_flags to
let its clients know how it  was compiled.)

I started playing around trying if I can use the packages installed and
found the problem that while bar can be used in the client program foo
couldn't and I wondered wether this is possible.
Your arguments make total sense... althought it would be cool if it
worked...

Thanks again!
Thomas