[CMake] Changing the the current generator in CMake GUI

mozzis morris at maynidea.com
Thu Jan 14 15:02:55 EST 2016

I was able to edit CMakeCache.txt and CPackConfig.cmake (with CMake GUI
closed)
 I changed
  CMAKE_GENERATOR:INTERNAL=Visual Studio 10 2010 Win64
  CMAKE_GENERATOR:INTERNAL=Visual Studio 10 2010

and then in general looked for the string "64" and made appropriate changes.
I then started CMake GUI, noted that the "Current Generator" was to my
liking, and did Configure and Generate steps again.

All in all, doesn't seem that it would be too hard for CMake devs to
implement a function to do this, but IMO Cmake is a mistake anyway, I only
use it when forced (e.g., OpenCV.) CMake butchers MS Visual Studio project
files, and makes it much harder to maintain projects that use it. Which I
guess is kind of the opposite of the intended effect. More intelligent use
of existing macros for both make and MSVS would go a long way to making it
useful.