[CMake] CMake based package manager

Ruslan Baratov ruslan_baratov at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 11 08:49:36 EST 2016

On 11-Jan-16 18:42, Cristian Adam wrote:
> Ruslan Baratov via CMake <cmake at ...> writes:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm developing a project that is a kind of wrapper of
>> ExternalProject_Add and
>> allow it to be more reusable. User interface is quite simple.
>>
>> For anybody interested, here is a github project:
>>
>> * https://github.com/ruslo/hunter
> Recently posted on reddit:
> https://www.reddit.com/r/cpp/comments/40cfbk/hunter_crossplatform_packag
> e_manager_for_c/
>
> Any thoughts of including such a project in CMake?
Just for your information there is no need to include all this project,
the entry point to everything is HunterGate.cmake module (500 lines of
CMake code):
https://github.com/hunter-packages/gate/blob/master/cmake/HunterGate.cmake

I will be happy to add it to CMake's standard modules so users can avoid
one copy/paste step, if CMake's team is interested.

Ruslo