[CMake] Good practice: using INTERFACE-libraries in FindABC.cmake?

Nils Gladitz nilsgladitz at gmail.com
Mon Feb 29 10:15:02 EST 2016

On 02/29/2016 04:06 PM, Clément Gregoire wrote:

> Speaking of imported targets, I'm wondering why alias imported targets
> aren't added to all default FindXXX.cmake scripts. This would help
> provide better examples, and have the community use better
> cmakelists.txt and hopefully reduce the bad usages of
> include_directories and such

I assume you don't mean alias as in "ALIAS" targets ...

Many of the Find*.cmake modules included with CMake do provide imported
targets now.
e.g. according to grep:
     FindIce.cmake
     FindPNG.cmake
     FindGLUT.cmake
     FindXalanC.cmake
     FindOpenSSL.cmake
     FindThreads.cmake
     FindQt4.cmake
     FindXercesC.cmake
     FindTIFF.cmake
     FindGTK2.cmake
     FindZLIB.cmake
     FindGTest.cmake
     FindGSL.cmake
     FindBoost.cmake
     FindGLEW.cmake

For the rest there probably is just a lack of maintainers ... patches
are probably welcome.

Nils