[CMake] Video glimpse of how I'm using CMake with Swift (and CMake in general)

Eric Wing ewmailing at gmail.com
Thu Feb 18 17:38:13 EST 2016

I thought some of you might find this video I made interesting. It is
a teaser video for a new 2D cross-platform game SDK I've been working
on. It makes aggressive use of CMake for the build system.

https://youtu.be/w8ftI9mpGdY

The video goes by fast since is a time-lapse style. But hopefully the
gist comes through.

This video is using the Swift support put in for Xcode last year, and
the experimental stuff I've been adding for Makefiles. (Still work to
be done.)

I also use CMake to integrate all the resource and dynamic library
management so you can actually just hit Run and things work as you
expect. (This is different than what most(?) people are doing today.)

There is a Quick Introduction 3 part video from the website that shows
stuff in more detail if you want more.

Also, some feedback I've already been getting from testers... The
number one trip up is the ALL_BUILD target which always has to be
changed to the real application target in order for the Build/Run
button to work. This trips up everybody. And if you don't, the result
and error message in Visual Studio is confusing. Xcode isn't much
better.

Thanks,
Eric