[CMake] how to map configurations from include_external_msproject() ?

Gerhard Pobinger gerhard.pobinger at gmx.at
Mon Feb 15 06:08:31 EST 2016

Hendrik Sattler <post at ...> writes:

> >How can I map a configuration of an external ms-project (e.g.
> >'release_shared') into a configuration (e.g. 'release') of the
> >cmake-generated solution? The problem is that simply adding a
> >configuration
> >named 'release' works, of course, but then I'd have to change the
> >external
> >vcproj...
>
> ...and additionally this might be impossible/very hard for e.g. qmake
autogenerated vcprojx files.

Does anyone have any input on this issue? If it's not yet possible to do
this, I think this would be a good feature.

It might

(a) facilitate the migration from an old vcproj-project base to cmake, and
(b) help including external projects (that are not under developer's own
control) into cmake builds.

So, any workarounds welcome!