[CMake] Variables substituted in CPack RPM component user binary specfile

Andrew Helten ahelten at tenable.com
Mon Feb 8 17:04:10 EST 2016

Specifying a user binary specfile for CPack RPM packages is done like this:

set(CPACK_RPM_blah_USER_BINARY_SPECFILE blah.spec.in)

The documentation says the "specified file will be processed by
configure_file( @ONLY)." However, exactly which variables are available for
substitution? Is there a list somewhere? It appears to be only CPACK_XXX
variables but I'm wondering why there is such a limitation and if it is
possible to change or circumvent this limitation? For now I'm stuck doing
something nasty (and not component-specific) like add "%define" variables
using CPACK_RPM_SPEC_MORE_DEFINE.

Thanks,
Andy