[CMake] Finding Packages Installed in Non-Standard Locations

Andrew Bell andrew.bell.ia at gmail.com
Wed Feb 3 14:08:42 EST 2016

If my package is installed to a non-standard location, my
<PROJECT>Config.cmake file is currently also installed to the non-standard
location and can't be found by dependent projects.

I see that there's export(PACKAGE <PROJECT>), but this creates an entry in
the registry for the build location of the PROJECT rather than the
installed location.

Is there some way I can install target files to a non-standard location but
be sure that <PROJECT>Config.cmake can be found without explicitly
installing it into something like /usr/lib/cmake/PROJECT?

Thanks,

--
Andrew Bell
andrew.bell.ia at gmail.com