[CMake] xyz_LIBRARIES

Adam Rankin arankin at robarts.ca
Wed Feb 3 12:45:08 EST 2016

Hello all,

I am trying to sort out a project with multiple layers of dependencies and I am trying to figure out the "right" way of configuring things.

First easy question: Should a value xyz_LIBRARIES contain target names, or library file locations?

Second question: Should a FindXYZ.cmake file add imported targets, or should a USE_xyz variable be created for later inclusion? (what if the project does not export its targets?)

Third question: How's your day going today?

Cheers,
Adam