[CMake] cmake vs. Python 3.4

Rolf Eike Beer eike at sf-mail.de
Sat Dec 24 06:06:10 EST 2016

Am Freitag, 23. Dezember 2016, 20:57:49 schrieb Lev:
> Hi list,
>

> I have this:
>
> FIND_PACKAGE(PythonInterp)
>
> and cmake finds this:
>
> -- Found PythonInterp: /usr/bin/python (found version "2.7.9")
>
> However, 3.4 is also installed. How can I specify to find 3.4?
>
> If I say:
>
> set(Python_ADDITIONAL_VERSIONS 3.4)
> FIND_PACKAGE(PythonInterp 3 REQUIRED)

The problem here is the "REQUIRED". Older CMake versions did not let "3.4"
satisfy "3" as required version, what newer versions do. However they let it
pass as a minimum version. And you don't need to add 3.4 to the list of
supported versions, if I read the log correct then 3.4 is already in the list
for CMake 3.0.

Eike, having done most of this version detection stuff