[CMake] Cmake

aishwarya selvaraj aishwaryaselvaraj1708 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 21 06:51:31 EST 2016

Hi Everyone,
Myself Aishwarya .I wanted to make use of Cmake , but I'm really new to
this and doesn't have a clear idea about it.

1) *My Goal :*
I'm using Praat a speech Processing Software to create plug - in for my
Algorithm on Pitch and Time scaling .(I have the .cpp file)
In order to do that I need to use the binary file obtained by compiling
.cpp file
​in my Praat Script .
I intent to share this plug - in with others ,Hence I want it to be machine
independent .The binary file I obtained is using gcc in Linux (16.0.2),
which clearly wont work in Mac or Windows or even in lower Linux Version.
To solve this Problem I understand that I need to make use of Cmake files .

2) My .cpp file called TSM_CODE_V3.cpp is compiled as
g++ TSM_CODE_V3.cpp -larmadillo -lsndfile -o TSM

where armadillo and sndfile are two depended libraries.

3)* What I have done :*
​I have gone through a loot of tutorials for cmake .I have wage idea , but
I'm not able to solve my problem mentioned above .
​My folder TSM consists of
build - the folder which consists the final executable binary file and the
related cmake files required to create binary file
src - consists of my TSM_CODE_V3.cpp code
CMakeLists.txt - The top level Cmake file :

         cmake_minimum_required(VERSION 2.8.9)
         project(directory_TSM)
         include_directories(include)
         file(GLOB SOURCES "src/*.cpp")
         add_executable(tsm ${SOURCES})

I need to include the library armadillo and lidsndfile .
I dont know how to include it into my cmakefile .
I have come across find_package ,find_library  but I am sure about it .
 To create my Praat Plug - in I need to compile the source code no matter
in which system it is ,which may or may not have these two libraries
already installed.
So how how do I add libraries using cmake ?
I hope you got my point .
Could help me ?

Hoping for your reply .

--